Today I thought it would be kind of therapeutic to vent some of our pet peeves.
You know what I'm talking about, don't you? Those annoying little things that drive you insane and make you want to SCREAM.
Okay, I’ll start…
- Slow walkers on a city sidewalk.
- People who not only walk slow, but also don’t know how to walk in a straight line on a sidewalk, and swerve from right to left so that no one can get around them. OMG!!!
- Abled people who use the elevator when they live on the second floor and then complain when they get inside the elevator that they had to wait TEN minutes, when they could have just WALKED DOWN TWO FLIGHTS OF STAIRS.
- Rude customers in restaurants who treat servers as if they are beneath them.
- People who are habitually late.
- People who fling their cigarette butts onto the street or sidewalk after smoking.
- Wobbly table legs.
- Having a conversation with someone who is on their speaker phone.
- People who stand at the bottom of an escalator so that no one can get off.
- Customers who come into my store and ask me to assist them, and then TEXT on their cell phones the whole time I’m talking with them.
- People who are not aware of other people around them.
- The sound that flip-flops make.
- People in Starbucks who stand at the condiment station and take TEN HOURS to put cream and sugar in their coffee, as the line behind them gets longer and longer and longer.
- People who tell me to calm down when I’m FREAKING out.
- The sound of someone who continually moves the plastic straw up and down through the lid of a soft drink because it sounds like two people screwing on a squeaky bed in a cheap motel.
Okay, I’m done.