Out of all five elements, water is my favorite.
It’s ironic about the element of water though, because it can be adaptable, pliable and gentle. But in an overabundance, it can also be very aggressive; wielding great power when it floods and overwhelms the earth.
Water to drink:
For as long as I can remember, water has been my favorite thing to drink. Yes, I adore a good glass of red wine and a cup of dark roasted coffee, but other than that, I don’t drink anything else. Okay, I lie, maybe some Arizona Iced Green Tea occasionally.
Here are some other things I love about water:
- I love to take baths and showers because water seems to both calm and refresh me. Whenever I get sick or feel out-of-sorts, taking a bath or shower makes me feel so much better.
- I love rain. And enjoy walking in it on a warm day.
- I love to sit on a beach and look at the ocean as it moves.
- I love to sit by a lake or river. I find gazing at water therapeutic and healing.
- I love to dive into a swimming pool of cool water on a hot, summer day.
- And lastly, I find water very sensuous. And if you don't believe me, try taking a hot-soapy bath or shower, or sitting in a bubbling Jacuzzi with someone you like, and you'll know what I mean.
So to honor the element of water, I would like to share several photographs today.
Please enjoy some agua...
These shots were taken in my bathroom.
I had off yesterday and oddly enough it rained. So I took my umbrella and camera, and went walking.
Peeking from under my umbrella.
Wet city streets.
A manhole cover.
A shot of my wet umbrella while sitting in Starbucks, enjoying a cup of dark roasted coffee.
Oh, and speaking of coffee, I found this quote online and thought it was brilliant!
"Water is the most important element in life...
because without it you can't make coffee."
-Carrie Bradshaw (Sex and the City)
Have a waterful weekend everyone!
If you would like to take a Five Element Personality Questionnaire, please click here. I found it very interesting because the element of water was high on my score.