I know of only one other adult blogger, who eagerly anticipates Halloween as much as I do.
Her name is Mel.
And she anticipates it so much so, that she has a countdown clock at the bottom of her blog page which stays there all year, letting her know how long it is until Halloween. And it’s funny because I will start looking at that clock during the spring and summer months, just to see how many days, minutes and seconds remain until the NEXT Halloween.
Yup, Mel and I LOVE Halloween!
And it’s not that I get dressed up every year and go Trick or Treating, but I still love seeing all the candy and decorations in the stores at the start of the fall season.
My mother and father were HUGE Halloween people, so they always made it very special for us kids.
Beginning October 1st, our home was decorated in a Halloween motif; a cardboard skeleton on the front door; cardboard cats and witches in our windows; cobwebs hanging from the light fixtures in our dining room and foyer; carved pumpkins; and TONS of candy in preparation for all the Trick or Treaters who would come knocking at our door on Halloween night.
We even had scary music playing at the front door of our house, which was a series of spooky sound effects from an LP I played on my record player.
Oh, what FUN that was!
I feel a bit sorry for the kids today because they don’t seem to go Trick or Treating anymore, other than maybe going to the mall for an hour and receiving candy from the retail stores. But it’s just not the same.
When I was a kid, I would go from house to house in our neighborhood for HOURS filling up my bag, then go home and dump all the candy out, then go back out again for another round.
And speaking of candy….I created two photo collages with some of my favorite Halloween treats that I would get in my Trick or Treat bag as a kid. Some of which I still eat.
Here they are…
1) Candy Corn - I know most people think these are disgusting, but I LOVE them more than my own life!
2) Mary Jane - I can still eat these until they come out of my EARS!
3) Dots - I know most people think these are disgusting too, but I LOVE them. Especially the black ones.
4) Mini-Size Candy Bars - my favorites were Snickers, Milky Way, and Almond Joy.
5) Bazooka Bubble Gum - the BEST bubble gum for blowing BUBBLES!
6) Mini Tootsie Rolls - I can eat like a TRILLION of these!
7) Candy Dots on paper - I love how these would turn my lips and tongue all sorts of bright colors!
8) Vampire Wax Lips - I love how these things tasted – like Pepsin.
And speaking of VAMPIRE’S…here are some spooky images I created by editing four photographs, transforming myself into a creature of the night!
Happy Monday from the Count D.
*Please click on the Halloween Sound Effects before you leave - *it takes a few seconds to play after you click
Powered by www.Mp3Olimp.net