Are one of those people who eat three standard meals a day - breakfast, lunch and dinner – and you’re satisfied with that?
Or are you like me, someone who eats whenever they feel like it, by nibbling on food all throughout the day?
I'm a person who needs to consume small portions of food all day long to sustain my energy. But that’s not to say I don’t also eat a breakfast, lunch and dinner, because I do, yet they're not enough.
For a little guy, I can eat a lot of food. Often times while dining with someone, they will say, “Holy cow…where do you put all that food?”
And many people who I work with, will say, “Ron, anytime I look at you, you’re always chewing on something.”
Yes…I eat ALL. DAY. LONG.
And if I don't eat, I become a cantankerous grizzly bear with a bad case of painful hemorrhoids.
Here is a basic outline of how I eat in a day:
*note: I don’t eat these same things all the time because I like to change things up a bit
- Breakfast: a big bowl of granola cereal with a banana and a cup of French pressed coffee. Sometimes I’ll also have a cup of Greek yogurt with honey. I’m always hungry in the morning. Always.
- Mid-morning snack: hummus and pita crackers with some fruit (usually sliced apples or grapes), or sometimes I'll eat sliced cheese with crackers.
- Lunch: I will usually have a hearty bowl of white rice mixed with pinto beans and a salad, or if I’m at work, I’ll order a vegetarian burrito from Qdoba with an iced green tea.
- Afternoon snack: a small bag of pretzels or tortilla chips with bottled water.
- Dinner: a LARGE salad with two veggie burgers, or some kind of pasta dish with a salad.
- Evening snack: tortilla chips with hummus and black olives, or a sliced apple dipped in natural peanut butter.
- A glass of red wine.
And no, I’m not a fanatic who only eats healthy stuff because I love sweets – chocolate, cookies and pie. I also eat meat, but mainly chicken. However, I do enjoy a big FAT hamburger with French fries every once in a while. Additionally, I'm a "carb" lover – soft pretzels with mustard, bread, and pasta.
I eat everything, but in moderation. I don’t believe in denying myself anything I enjoy eating.
And I find that if I listen to my body, it will tell me exactly what I should eat, and how much.
Perhaps it’s because of my high metabolism that I need to consume food every couple of hours. And I've been this way my whole life.
I eat like a holy COW...
Have a bon appetit weekend everyone!